1. Microsoft:Microsoft,an American multinational firm,headquartered at Washington, United States is the one of the largest and best IT Company in the world.Founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen, this firm is among the largest service provider of the world in the field of Operating System and Gaming technology.
- Revenue:US$ 73.72 billion (2012)
- Employees:90,000 (2012)
- Services:IT Consulting,OS service Provider,Gaming
2. IBM:founded by Charles Ranlett Flint, IBM which is American Software Company was established in 1911. It is head-quartered at Armonk, New York, U.S. and ranks second among the list of top 10 Software Companies of the world.
- Revenue:US$ 106.91 billion in previous year
- Services:infrastructure, hosting and consulting services
3. Google:Google which is the world’s largest used search engine ranks third in the list of top 10 Software Companies in the world.It was founded in the year 1998 at California, U.S. by Larry Page and Sergey Brin.Google is also a American Multinational Company.
- Revenue: US$ 37.905 billion (previous year)
- Services:Internet Services, Computer software
- Revenue:US$ 27.35 billion (previous year)
- Services:IT, business consulting and outsourcing services
5. SAP-AG:SAP AG is a German Multinational Company and ranks fifth among the list of top 10 Software firms of the world.Headquartered at Walldorf, Germany,SAP-AG was founded by some IBM Engineers such as Dietmar Hoppand four others.
- Revenue:US$ 17.6161841 billion
- Services:Enterprise software
- Employee:59,420 (2012)
6. Hewlett Packard – HP :This American multinational Company ranks sixth among the top 10 Software Companies of the world.HP is headquartered at Palo Alto, California, U.S.,and founded by Bill Hewlett,David Packard in 1939.This large firm also make its position among the largest manufacture of Personal Computers.
- Revenue:US$ 127.24 billion (2011)
- Services:Computer hardware, Computer software,IT consulting, IT services.
7. Yahoo:Yahoo is another American Software Company which makes its position at seventh in the list of top 10 Software Companies of the world.Founded in 1995,Yahoo‘s headquartered is situated at Sunnyvale,California, United States.
- Revenue:US$ 4.98 billion
8. CA Technologies:CA Technologies ranks 8th among the top 10 Software Company of the world.Founded in 1976,and headquartered at Islandia,New York,U.S. CA Technologies was founded by Charles Wang and Russ Artzt.
- Revenue: US$ 5.082 billion
- Services:Enterprise software
9. Oracle Corporation:This is another American Company which makes its position at 9th place among the top 10 Software Companies of the world.Oracle Corporation is headquartered at California, United States and is founded by Larry Ellison, Bob Miner,and Ed Oates in year 1977.It is known for its database all over the world.
- Revenue:US$ 37.1 billion (2012)
- Services: Enterprise software,Computer hardware
10. Capgemini: Capgemini, a French IT Company stands at 10th position among the top 10 Software Companies of the world.It is headquartered at Paris, France and was founded in year 1967,by Serge Kampf. Capgemini has expanded its empire over 40 countries across the world.
- Revenue:US$ 11.9970261 billion
- Services:Outsourcing,IT, business consulting