Samsung officially unveils Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with S Pen
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 debuts at IFA 2012
Samsung’s latest superphone has now arrived and with a new stylus. The long wait is over as the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is finally announced officially by Samsung at the IFA 2012.
The second generation of the popular phablet pushes the screen frontier to 5.5 inches wide. With its 5.5 Super AMOLED HD display, S Pen technology has been redesigned- the new S Pen is longer, thicker and ergonomically designed for the perfect grip providing a more precise, comfortable, and natural writing and drawing experience. The advanced stylus features several new interesting additions like:
- Air View- Allows users to hover with the S Pen over an email, S Planner, image gallery, or video to preview the content without having to open it. This feature enables users to quickly search and see more information in one view without screen transitions.
- Popup Note- extending the concept of Popup Play it lets users to open an S Note instantly as a pop-up window anywhere on the screen.
- Quick Command- lets users activate frequently used apps with the S Pen.
- Screen Recorder- allows users to record a whole sequence of actions taken on their screen.
- Easy Clip- allows users to instantly outline and crop any content on the screen in any shape to save, share or paste.
- Idea Visualizer- allows users to easily add illustrations by handwriting keywords on the S Note.
The Galaxy Note II is slightly thinner than its predecessor at 9.4 mm (the Galaxy Note is 9.65 mm thick) and just 2 grams heavier, at 180 grams.
The Samsung Galaxy Note II is built around the Exynos 4 Quad chipset with 1.6 GHz quad- core processor that has recently been used in the Samsung Galaxy S III. Galaxy Note 2 will be launching on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean bringing stunning graphical capabilities & features to the device and will carry 2 GB of RAM. The device will sport a 8 megapixel HD camera with a 2 megapixel front camera. The camera has great features like Buddy Photo Share, Burst Shot and Best Photo, which were introduced on the GALAXY S III earlier in the year. In addition to that, the GALAXY Note II features a unique camera function called Best Faces which allows users to choose the most preferred face or pose of each person from group portrait photos.
The Galaxy Note 2 houses a larger capacity (faster charging) 3100mAh battery . The memory options includes 16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB with an expandable micro SD memory slot.
Full Specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2:
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (2G)
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 (3G)
- LTE 700 MHz Class 17 / 2100 (4G)
CHIPSET: Exynos 4412 Quad
PROCESSOR: 1.6 GHz Quad-core processor
OPERATING SYSTEM: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
DISPLAY: 5.5” HD Super AMOLED (1280 x 720 pixels)
DIMENSION: 80.5 x 151.1 x 9.4 mm
WEIGHT: 180 g
- 16/32/64GB User memory ＋ 2GB (RAM)
- microSD (up to 64GB)
- Primary / rear: 8 MP Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, BSI
- Front: 1.9 MP VT Camera, BSI
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n , Wi-Fi HT40 , Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth v 4.0
- USB 2.0 Host
- GPRS / EDGE / HSDPA 21Mbps / HSUPA 5.76Mbps
BATTERY: Standard battery, Li-ion 3100mAh
S Pen Features:
S Note, S Planner, Email with hand-writing integration
S Pen Keeper
Quick Command, Easy Clip, Photo Note, Paper Artist
Popup Note, Popup Play
Shape Match, Formula Match, Idea Visualizer
- 3.5 mm jack
- A- GPS
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 availability
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will ship in Europe this October with US and worldwide availability to follow shortly afterwards.